Wednesday, September 24, 2008

Two-a-days

Getting back into a desirable shape has it's ups and downs. One thing I have noticed recently is that I have hit the dreaded "plateau". Thirty-five pounds are gone and not forgotten...but now I am stuck...right...here. As a result I decided to add Spinning classes back into my routine. That means that in addition to my regular morning workout, I added a Spinning class 2 nights out of the week. The first one last Thursday went really well. Then my alarm went off the next morning at 6:00am.
"Exhausted" is the understatement of the decade. It felt as if I had been dragged behind a bus and left for dead. It was one of the hardest things I ever had to physically do...attempt to get out of bed on 9/19/08. The pain in my crotch (excuse me if you will) was an entirely different experience altogether. I got wise to that and purchased a gel seat before yesterday's class. All I can say is "Thank you Jesus, for the person who invented those." I actually enjoyed the class and had ZERO trouble getting up this morning. The side effect is that I have noticed more changes in my body...yeah!
Side notes (In random order) -
  • Chemistry class is going well. I think I aced the first test if he curves it, and if he doesn't, well, my score is none of your business. I am acing the lab.
  • Why do people breathe heavily into the phone? Can't they hear the wind they are making on their end of the phone? I spent 30 minutes with the I.T. guy from payroll yesterday and it sounded like he was speaking to me from the Dania Beach pier. Pull the microphone away from your nose and face please.
  • I am SO excited for the holidays! (Yep, already...I am)

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

The one thing I miss from pre-pregnancy are those spinning classes!! Can-not wait to get back on the bike! :)