Thursday, November 6, 2008

New friends!

Jen has an intern this year and we found out that her parents and grandparents live in our community. We were invited to a 'Neighbor Party' on Saturday with 8 other people who also live within walking distance from our house - SWEET!
The best part was that we got along with EVERYONE. They all have really great senses of humor and there were no dead or weird silences throughout the night...just amazing fun. I laughed and laughed until my cheeks burned and my stomach hurt. I made the mistake of eating dinner before going over there (it's the traditional Saturday night steak dinner) and wasn't hungry to eat any of the fabulous stuff that everyone made, although I managed to get a few jalapeno poppers in before the end of the night. We played Scattergories and dominoes and ate cobbler at 10:30pm.
It was 5 1/2 hours full of fun and the next one is scheduled for December 6th. I can't hardly wait and I already know what I am bringing (does this surprise you in the least bit?) There are like 87 pictures of me in the album all with a smile on my face.
It became the goal to try to get me in a picture without a smile on my face. You know it's a fun night when your cell phone falls in the toilet (before you go of course)!

This is how nice these people are (Jackie, Willie, Cara, Joe, Eric, Ken, Libby and Karen)...they walked us home at 1:00am. We looked like the Gang of Scarborough walking through the middle of the street trying to keep our voices down - GOOD FUN!

No comments: