Wednesday, November 12, 2008

Six Flags Atlantis

A friend of mine sent me the 'Unofficial Website of Six Flags Atlantis and I just had to share it with you.
http://www.lucas-photo.com/atlantis/history.php
I was born and raised in South FL and I remember going to Atlantis every other Friday during Summer Camp at Sunnyland Summer Camp in Hollywood. This went on for a few years when I was in Elementary and Middle school. What a blast we had. We looked forward to it every time we went. Trying to shove all of my clothes into those tiny lockers, the wave pool, picking the everlasting wedgie out of my butt every time I went down the Thunderbolt, the tube slides and lugging that huge board thing up all those steps to go down that one ride near the far eastern end of the park (the name escapes me now). I remember walking through the candy store on our way out each time (under that really powerful fan) and buying those huge Jaw Breakers that I could barely fit into my mouth. I would also (at least once every summer) stub my big toe on the walkways so bad that it would peel all the skin off because I was running so fast to get the wave pool or the Thunderbolt.

PS) You can totally tell these shots are taken in the 1980's...check out the high fashion!

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

i think the name of the ride you had to drag those huge rafts up to was the 'triple drop'? or something...it was three big drops...does that ring a bell? MAN, i loved that place too!!