Tuesday, January 24, 2012

Decisions, decisions...

Are you happy with all the choices you are making in your life? Are you happy with most of them, some of them...or even worse (say it ain't so) NONE of them? Take for instance whatever you are eating right now (if you are). Do you LOVE it! Do you even like it a little bit? If not, then put it down and eat something you LOVE! (My personal suggestion is to stay away from Girl Scout cookies because most people, including yours truly, can't eat just one...and don't get me started on the fact that you get 2 sleeves of sugary minty chocolaty goodness in each Thin Mints box!)
I spent lots of time feeling sorry for myself because I wasn't living the life that I wanted to be living...the life I knew I always had the potential to live, the life I am living today. I am never going to get those years back. I had to MAKE THE DECISION to change my life. Then I did it and I changed it. I mean, who would have ever thought that life could be this great!! It IS possible to be fully lived. Granted, from every sky a little rain must fall and it's not ALL roses, but all in all it's aces baby. Everyone has a choice about every single thing in their life. Every. Single. Thing. Obviously there are things that are out of our control but I'm talking big picture here. What have you ALWAYS wanted to do??? You should totally take that trip that you have always wanted to take...now...before you have a kid. Oh what, you have kids? You should finally take that trip you have always wanted to take and bring the kids with you so they get to have the same memory FOREVER...with you. You should finally tell that person that you love them. What if they don't make it to tomorrow? You can call them right now and say what you need to say. Don't waste another second! You are CAPABLE of getting into those jeans again...just decide that you are going to do whatever it takes, take the cookie out of your mouth, and take a walk. Start with the first step (corny, yes...but also true) and take it from there. You should go out on a limb and finally paint that friggin' bathroom. I mean you walk in there every day and sit down/stand up and hate it more with each new time you have to look at it. You can get out of debt. You should go back to school. You should just do it already!!! Whatever it is that you want to do. Like Nike put it so eloquently...Just Do It! We get one ride on this roller coaster. Why not make the most out of every single day, while planning for additional fun stuff in the future? Life is TOO SHORT to make the wrong choices, or the choices that are not the best ones to make. If your choices include not using your blinker when driving on I-95 or Super Sizing it...those would be categorized as bad choices. Now get out and run that trail, pay those bills, and live your one and only life to the FULLEST!

2 comments:

Jeannie :-) said...

Wish you lived closer girl. I could use a little 'you' in my circle of friends. :-) But facebook will have to do!

Kathy ramey said...

Yes M'am.