Tuesday, January 17, 2012

How Seltzer Water changed my life...

Let's be honest, a girl doesn't get to a beefy 230 lbs. by drinking Diet Soda. Thankfully, I can't stand the aftertaste and sugary coating of regular sodas, so I won't blame that either. It had everything to do with what the Diet Coke was washing down that was most likely the culprit. However, one can take away lots of wonderful treasures from the bubbles that occupy each can...

The last diet soda I drank was on July 4, 2011 (Happy Birthday Motherland!) and when the last tepid backwashy gulp went down (isn't the last sip of every can of soda the same?! G.R.O.S.S.) I wasn't sure if it really would be my last soda. By that point in my 'transformative journey' (sounds soooo New Age and for that I apologize) I was looking to drop just a few more pounds and going 'Sugar Free' was my next experiment. Since cutting all the sugar (except whole fruit) out didn't seem like punishment enough (yes, I am a sugar addict and even if I don't eat sugar I am still addicted to it!) I decided to cut out the diet sodas too. Enter the Syfo difference! Syfo is a brand of seltzer water (0 calories, 0 Sodium, nothing I can't pronounce) that my Mom swears by. "It's got the most bubbles honey. It's the sparkliest. Trust me, I've tried them all." Thanks Mom. Done.

Can I just tell you that drinking bubbly water is EVEN BETTER than diet soda. Seriously. And they have flavors!! LaCroix Grapefruit is AMAZEBALLS and those come in cans (just like my Diet Dr. Pepper used to come!) so you can take them with you!!! See, not so bad...?!

I know that this time around the Crazy-Go-Round of weight loss my mindset has been different. I am doing this ALL for ME. Not a broken relationship, not the approval of my parents, sister, or friends, or...wait for it, some stupid guy who can't even see past his own ____. Because it's all for me, it's easier to make the next right decision. I take each day as it comes...and each day comes with at least 1-2 bottles of Syfo seltzer water now. It's like a treat for me when I get home from work each night. I get to upgrade from flat bottled room temperature water to bottled sparkling water with ICE CUBES...woo hoo! (Oh the things that get me going!) If I am feeling really mischievous, I will squeeze some lime in it. And when I am feeling downright naughty, I throw in a healthy shot (or 2) of vodka. I don't drink all the time, but a vodka soda with lime is about as healthy as you can get for alcohol. It also tastes really good, so watch it.

Getting healthy is about small changes that over time turn into a new healthier lifestyle. If I did all of it at one time, I would not be here, in this new package, with this new outlook. I would have given up. I would have convinced myself that it was A) too hard and I am B) not worth it.


Friend, YOU are MOST WORTHY of ALL of the BEST things life has to offer...If you ever want to grab a glass of the bubbles and talk about it...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Lauren:
We came across your blog post and really appreciate your kind words about Syfo and would also like to thank your Mom for her ringing endorsement! If you don't mind, we would like to use part of your post as a testimonial on our website. You can see testimonials from other customers on the site at http://www.syfobeverages.com

Have you had a chance to try our Naturally-Flavored Sparkling Waters in additional to our Original Seltzer? They come in three delicious flavors -- Lemon-Lime, Tangerine-Orange and Wild Cherry.

Again, thanks for the great comments on Syfo and we hope that you continue to enjoy our product. Cathy @ Syfo Customer Service
customerservice@universalbeverages.com