Monday, February 20, 2012

35 days to Thirty-Fabulous

I didn't give too much thought to getting older when I was younger. I was never the kind of person who thought the impending birthday was almost as bad as the end of the world. I don't think about it too much more now as I prepare for my next milestone on March 27th. (P.S. I have NEVER felt BETTER in my LIFE!) I have always looked forward to celebrating my birthday each year and 2012 is no exception. This time around I was thinking about how I could best prepare for this momentous occasion. I mean, c'mon folks, it's a SPEED LIMIT birthday after all...so I'm going to make a little bit of a big deal about it...
Enter the newest sugar detox. Start date 2/21/12
For the last 35 days leading up to the big three five, I have decided to cut out all of the sugar that has crept back into my diet since the holidays. ((I CAN'T QUIT YOU!!)) Something must be done about my abusive love affair with sugar...I think it's time for an intervention. What a tumultuous ride it has been. To that end, I need to stop eating it again. Like ALL of it!
I will commit to working out in some way shape or form 4 times a week (Crossfit, kettle bells, paddle boarding) as well. It's out there now, so I'm accountable.
It's the perfect distraction. Keep you posted.
On my mark, get set...turn Thirty-Fabulous

No comments: