Tuesday, March 27, 2012

35 Things to Celebrate

This is like no other birthday I have had before for a few reasons. Firstly and pretty obviously...I've never been 35 before. So there's that...but more importantly, since the accident I have a brand new appreciation for pretty much every single tiny little thing in life.

So in no particular order, I would like to celebrate that...

1. Jesus loves me this I know...(sing along if you know the song)
2. I am alive today to have the opportunity to celebrate 35 years of LIVING.
3. I have an amazing family who I am madly in love with (and the feeling is mutual).
4. I am half a home owner! Go Jenn with the other 50%!!
5. It's quite alright to wear my heart on my sleeve and have it trampled every time, because it always heals back stronger in the broken spots.
6. I am gainfully employed by the SUPER-est of companies.
7. I have a best friend, a baby sister, a house-mate, and a soul-mate in Jennifer Brooke Lesinski.
8. I have an awesome and Godly mother who always gives me good advice.
9. I have a wonderful, loving, and completely hilarious Godly father who is my biggest fan in life.
10. I was introduced to, fell in love with, and live the Crossfit life!
(Open mouth and drink the Kool Aid. I can't quit you)
11. It's OK to drive the speed limit and let everyone else pass me (Seriously, where is the fire?)
12. Navy blue padded white plastic neck braces are pretty rad (or at least that is what I tell myself right after I put mine on)
13. We own all the furniture in our house as of March 16, 2012.
14. I live in South Florida within 20 minutes drive of the Atlantic Ocean...the closest thing to paradise (not on earth) but at least in the 48 contiguous states.
15. I bake a mean banana bread. Ask somebody.
16. I get to ride in my sister's new car (*once she buys it) and take FREE advantage of her new car smell.
17. I am able to find the humor in most things and enjoy trying to help others see said light.
18. I am not afraid to laugh at myself.
19. I have failed brilliantly and often, but I have managed to give it one more try after each fail.
20. My friends are AWESOME and I LOVE THEM. Every single one of them.
21. Two words: Crossfit ATP (#10-Crossfit is one thing but this is THE gym and these are THE people who are in a completely different stratosphere of awesomeness...)
22. I am the only person who needs to believe that I am a good singer...(but I know you think so too, you're just holding back ;-)
23. My dad fixed his broken computer all by himself...without my help! Go Team Lesinski!!!
24. Ryan Fitzpatrick + Mario Williams = 2013 Super Bowl Champions Buffalo Bills!!!
25. I am elated that I bought the insurance for my cell phone.
26. I have the GREATEST car insurance company in the world...Foremost
27. The range of motion in my neck is slowly coming back a little bit every day (Praise God!!)
28. I only have 23 more days to wait for my Neuro follow-up (not that I'm counting) Patience. Patience.
29. I don't feel a day over 25 and I am having more fun celebrating 35 than I did 25...beat that 20's!
30. We still get to celebrate Mom's birthday appropriately...bring on Ruth's Chris!!
31. I get to share this special day with my Jamaican sister from another mister, Marjorie...Happy Birthday Beautiful!
32. I'm forgiven. (and when I tell you I mess up...I mess up)
33. I live in the most beautiful FREE country on the planet. (Yes, I'm partial)
34. You are reading my blog!
35. God has something REALLY BIG planned for my life and I can't wait to see it unfold before my very eyes.

Happy Birthday to me...
Yes.
Happy Birthday to me.

1 comment:

Sabrina said...

I love you lala! I feel so blessed to have rekindled our friendship! You are amazing and so inspirational! God does have big Nolan's for you this I know! Have a fantastic birthday my friend! I love you heart and soul! :) keep smiling!