Sunday, June 16, 2013

#1 Dad

I love this picture because even though we both have our bathing suits on we look naked...which is totally awkward and perfectly Lesinski. I love you Dad!
I wouldn't be the woman I am today without your guidance and influence. You have taught me so much about everything in life. Priceless lessons that I will treasure forever. I couldn't be more proud to call you my father than I am at this very moment. Where do I begin? Sometimes I feel like you could have been the one to have given birth to me, we are so much alike. In some ways not so good, but in the most ways, GREAT. You were and continue to always be there for me, teaching me life lessons as I dust myself off when I fall. You have talked me off of countless proverbial ledges, while drying my tears. You remind me that "Everything is going to be OK." You remind me to take life One Step At A Time. You taught me that failure is inevitable but giving up is unacceptable. You helped me find my voice...N.L. all the way baby!! You and Mom brought Jennifer and I up in a house full of faith that continues to be the firm foundation on which we stand. You taught me how to drive stick. I will never forget you stopping your truck on a hill at Presidential Circle and pulling the ER break, You turned to me and said, "OK Lauren, now it's your turn" and you patiently waited for me to 'get it.' You helped me buy my very first car and gave me a love for REAL country music. I wanted to quit basketball in 7th grade and you wouldn't let me. You said "you made a commitment to this team and you will see it through" and that is exactly what I did. You taught me how to shoot pool. You taught me the game of football and gave me my love for the Buffalo Bills and also taught me that losing gracefully is the only way to take 4 consecutive Super Bowl losses. I am STILL a fan and will be forever, thanks to you. You taught me how to bowl and swing a golf club. I always love when we get together and hit a bucket of balls or play a few games of bowling. You taught me how to ride waves with and without a surfboard. You called us every morning before school to say you loved us, even when you lived in Hawaii. Did you set an alarm for 2:00am every day just to be sure you would make it? You have taken me to the airport COUNTLESS times for most of the trips I have taken, even if it was late and you had to get up early the next day for work. You are the funniest man I know and your comedic timing is downright perfect. We are always laughing together and I love that. Don't even get me started on all the road trips (and Jackson Hole!) that we have taken over the years. We need to do that again, SOON. My life is better because of you. You shaped my outlook on life and much of who am I am today. There is no gift that I could ever give you that compares to the priceless gifts you have given me. On that note, can I borrow $20?

I love you Dad...the BEST DAD IN THE WHOLE WORLD!!!

No comments: