Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Merry Christmas

I never thought that saying Merry Christmas would offend someone, especially when the name of the holiday is CHRISTMAS. No one seems to be complaining that they don't have to go to work, or if they do, they are getting holiday pay. Oh, I'm sorry...I didn't hear you? Are you still complaining?
I mean what is this day all about anyway? The birth of Christ. My Savior and yours.
I am looking at a wall of greeting cards on my office door with the following sentiments: Season's Greetings, Happy Holidays, and Holiday Greetings. No, it would not offend me if you want to wish me a Merry Christmas and I hope it doesn't offend you when I wish you the same. If you are Jewish then I say to you - Happy Hanukkah! I am Christian, so I would hope you wish me a Merry Christmas. Everyone is so worried about saying the wrong thing to the wrong people. I say that we should all just say what's on our minds and if someone doesn't want to hear it, then they can walk away. At least we would talking to each other more often.

Merry Christmas

No comments: