Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Reflections of....

a life lived in 2008...and it goes a little somethin' like this:
I am one year older and in many ways wiser and even more ways less so. I have had many chances to get it right and sometimes I did...more often than not I did not. I have learned that it is best to stay away from fresh produce when vacationing in Cancun, no matter how nice the hotel and the service personnel are. No one likes to get two separate shots in the butt to stop from vomiting, #3, and fainting...just take my word on this one.
Jackson Hole, Wyoming is one of the most beautiful places I have ever had the opportunity to see.
No matter how bad the Buffalo Bills suck, I guess I am sucker because I love them in spite of their continuing dismal performances. Maybe NEXT year will be our year to go all the way.
Vanity license plates are kinda gay in a vain sort of way.
Drunk drivers suck, especially at 7:00am in the morning.
The Summer Olympics still inspire me to be a better athlete.
My sister is still my best friend, reflecting the best parts of me while still being honest enough about my crappy and ugly side.
I miss my friends from work and layoffs suck and the fallout is even worse, but thank you Jesus - I still have a job.
I discovered 30 Rock and now I know what all the fuss is about. Yeah, it's that good.
Britney is back and better than ever. What can I say, I route for the underdog.
Someone write a song like 'Butterfly' for me...(I am old enough to not be embarrassed about it) so have some ice water handy.
Today I got a suntan...the day before New Year's Eve. God Bless South Florida...

Happy New Years to you and yours. Kiss the ones you love and even kiss the ones you like even if it's only a little bit.

No comments: