Monday, March 23, 2009

Manic Monday

What a great weekend. Complete washout on Saturday aside, it was AMAZING. I have the remnants of just a little too much sun from yesterday all over me. Can I just stop here for a minute and just say that I live in THE MOST BEAUTIFUL weather in all of the U.S. of A.??? Went to school on Saturday morning and felt a little like the walking dead. But it was a good school day. 96% on my EXAM and 93% on my lab quiz. The consummate overachiever that I am, I am upset that I didn't score higher on both of those. A little laser hair removal and then had an AMAZING filet mignon steak dinner later that night. I watched a new movie too, 'Rachel Getting Married'. It was not my favorite and this one has gotten a lot of buzz. Frankly it was depressing, although Anne Hathaway was truly brilliant as the 9-month sober drug addict back in town for her sister's wedding. Very believable and not once did I think of any of the other cutesy roles she has been in. Sunday was great too, although I did not go to church...yet again. This really sucks, because I miss church...and I hate the process of finding a new one. If I am being honest with myself, I am being lazy and a little bit bratty about the whole thing. I do have plans for Good Friday and Easter Sunday services which I am looking forward to. I can't believe that Easter is 3 weeks away. I did a little shopping at the mall and Target. I got a new pair of sandals, thanks Jen, in the wrong color...thanks guy from Macy's who wasn't listening to me when I said I DIDN'T want the white ones. Got a sports bra for $11.88, thank you very much. Spent a few hours in the sun, finally painted my toenails again and had another really great dinner with some of my best friends. Last week I did a nightly bike ride after work (a little over 8 miles) every night except Wed and I am happy to say that I am 5 lbs lighter. I would love to drop another 5 before my birthday, but that may be pushing it since it's Friday. At least I have the day off and the schedule planned...

And now some more things for your reading pleasure:
1. I am so scared when I have to sneeze when driving in stop & go traffic on the highway since I know I will have to blink each time I sneeze.
2. I am deathly afraid that in a rush to get to my car in the morning I will fall down the flight of stairs from my Dad's apt to the parking lot and land at the bottom of the concrete in a bloody heap. I think of this EVERY single time I walk down them. I always hold onto to the railing.
3. People who are not capable of driving while talking on the cell phone should not be allowed to. Nothing should change about the rate of speed you are traveling just because you are trying to figure out where to go for dinner tonight.
4. I can't wait until my trip to Chicago...I am going to party my face off and I will need it after a 6 week summer term of Anatomy 2.
5. I have a gym boyfriend. He's not a real boyfriend, he's just that guy who I look forward to seeing each morning when I workout. He's shy and we don't say much but I have claimed him for my own.
6. I can't wait until Friday...happy 32 to me. I don't feel a day over 13.

No comments: