Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Just another day

Does the guy on the elliptical machine next to me know that he is singing/grunting every third syllable of the song pounding away in his head from the ipod attached to his arm? How bad of a singer do you have to be that I can't tell what song you are horribly attempting to belt out in between gasps for air? I went on the most amazing bike ride last night after work with my sister...the weather right now is just too beautiful to not go outside and do something in. My new office location at work is now in the Accounting Dept and it is SO quiet there. No one talks. I can't even get a 'bless you' when I have a good sneeze. Thank God for headphones that plug into my PC.
At first I didn't like my new hairdo, mainly because it was a 5-hr process that almost brought me to tears. Now I absolutely LOVE it. It's basically the same haircut I had for several years after I finished high school. Short in the back and longer in the front. Kind of a Victoria Beckham inverted bob of sorts, only with curly hair. Yesterday, specifically, was the turning point for me. In a rush to get to work on time (which ironically NEVER happens) I didn't have time to pin it back so I wore it down. In a word...fantastic. I rode to Publix with the windows down and never bothered trying to straighten it out when I got back to work. I don't know why I ever stopped this style...wait, I do. It costs money to keep your hair short and I am cheap. Well, now I know where to get a $12 haircut (that same place) and if I have to go only once every 4-6 weeks then it's worth the time spent.
I saw a good movie yesterday called Dandelion. Very short synopsis: It's an independent film from a few years back about a kid in a small town and how love can change people. I have realized that a lot of the independent films I watch are not necessarily ones with 'Hollywood endings' so much as they are just a couple hours of retrospective into the lives of how most people live. Another great one was Bella. It was about a relationship between a rising soccor star turned cook (due to a past terrible mistake in his early life) and a waitress in a NY restaurant. That was an amazing film.
I have the best plan for my birthday this Friday...get up early and walk the dog; homemade lattes; go to the beach and watch the sunrise then take a nice long walk at the Hollywood Broadwalk; get some breakfast and a few hours of sun; a light meal at the Greek restaurant in Hallandale and the rest is still somewhat up in the air. I know that the family is taking me to dinner but I haven't decided where to go yet. Decisions, decisions...
Pic of the sunrise on the morning of the Half-Marathon this year

No comments: