Thursday, April 2, 2009

Ode to Hummus

Hummus, how I love you,
No one will truly know.
I dream about you before my mouth touches your silky goodness,
Longing about the next time I will enjoy you again.

Created out of a measly can of chickpeas and cumin,
Some Tahini, salt and pepper, and roasted garlic.
Fire roasted bell peppers and lemon juice and just a touch of oil,
You fortify me with 16% of my daily fiber intake.

Paired with carrots or naan,
or simply eaten with a spoon directly from the food processor.
My love for you knows no boundaries,
I will shout it from the rooftops.

I don't care what the girl across from me at work thinks,
About the way I clean the Gladware container every day.
Thank God for long fingers and small containers,
My insatiable hunger will never be satisfied.

Until tomorrow my love,
Until then.

No comments: