Friday, February 20, 2009

Running the Race

Life has been all about house hunting, the tax man, paying off debt, learning to take blood pressures, working and running and the day has finally come...almost.
Sunday morning at 6:00am is the big day. I am thinking it will take me around 3 hours to run 13.1 miles. This is slow by running standards, but I don't care. I am running a half marathon...and if I add it to the half marathon I ran 2 years ago, I have run a whole marathon. I have been able to raise close to $200 already for Love Bags and I am ecstatic about that, because I felt almost bad for asking for the money from anyone because times are so tight these days. I am never surprised or overwhelmed by the generosity of my family, friends, and coworkers...THANK YOU! I could not have done this without you.
I have learned that one should never hold on too tightly to any one thing just in case they miss something better to come along for them to grab a hold onto. Lots of words in the last sentence, a little deep in nature, but still true. I will be back on Monday with a race update. I would love to beat my 2007 time, because that only proves I am getting BETTER with age!

No comments: