Thursday, February 26, 2009

Done and done...

Well, I ran the half-marathon and it was awesome. Beautiful weather, an awesome ipod mix, and just myself to run with. No one to catch up with or beat out (I am very competitive). It was so much different than 2007. It was a lot warmer and it never rained. They switched up the course a little bit which was a nice change. I did secretly hope that I could have beat my 2007 time, but I actually ran it 3:02 minutes slower this time...I am still getting BETTER with age. Right around mile #6 my knees starting burning but I just ignored it. Then around mile #9 my hip flexors and butt were on fire...just keep running, running, running. It started to get a lot warmer by that time too, but I knew I was in the home stretch so I just decided to bang it out. I saw my photos online last night, and let's just say that I won't be purchasing any of those. I went back to the gym this morning and took it a bit easy for the first day back. I did get on the treadmill and I did run a few minutes. Tomorrow is another day. I can definitely say that after Sunday's run, I am CONFIDENT that I will one day run an entire marathon all in one day. I am kind of hooked now!

No comments: