Sunday, July 13, 2008

Food Network, I love you

If it wasn't for Food Network, there would be so many things that I did not know. I would not be the cook I am today. I would not know how to make a Peanut Butter Bomb Cake (which changed my life)

or honey-drizzled Gorgonzola crostini. I wouldn't know that a water bath keeps a cheesecake from cracking every time or that you can put a cheesecake into the middle of a red velvet cake and have the best two really great worlds.
I wouldn't own a microplane, a lemon juicer or a Kitchen Aid mixer. I wouldn't know the secret to REALLY good salsa that stays fresh for 5 days or how to roast any vegetable (I like brussel sprouts now) to make it taste heavenly. I also would not know how to make killer prickly pear margaritas (although I got most of that from a really nice waitress at The Canyon), banana bread or bourbon ham.
BIG food love to Food Network...thanks!
An honorable mention goes to Food and Wine magazine. I still don't know anything about wine, but I can sniff it and swirl it before drinking to make the attempt look a little more polished.

No comments: