Sunday, July 6, 2008

Weddings rock

Tonight I went to the wedding of a pretty good friend of mine (from work, who I have known for over 6 years) and another co-worker....a double wedding. This is the first double wedding I have been to and let me tell you about the first thing that sucks about that - 2 wedding gifts. I loaned my mom out (she is talented in two ways that I am aware of now...1)nagging and 2)kick-ass organist.... to play for the wedding and then wondered if an additional present, I mean presentS should be bought. I phoned it in with Publix gift certificates - NO SHAME. The wedding was a blast. Everything was en espanol...not a bad thing really, and I could tell everyone was watching the "white folks" when they put on the Michael Jackson records. I moonwalked....and what?!
I was able to share it with like literally...two other gringos...Between the drinks, the dancing, and the social commentary...I didn't know whether to pee in my pants or do the moonwalk again. I am off to dream about better things but I leave you with this....

1) What is up with the guys who go running in jean shorts? Knee length denim shorts for men (and women for that matter) is a questionable fashion choice to begin with and I could not imagine what a man is feeling as he runs down the street (in 100% South FL humidity) in knee length stone washed denim. Hey guy - they make shorts specifically for the activity...take a trip to Target. It's not rocket science.

2) What is up with the rubber (excuse me everyone) balls that people hang from trailer hitches on their F-150 trucks? We all know you are getting really bad gas mileage and that you don't care because you are driving a big bad truck. We don't need to see the male anatomy hanging from your license plate to prove it.

No comments: