Thursday, October 16, 2008

10.31.08

I kind of secretly enjoy and hate Halloween all at the same time.
I love to dress up. I hate what the holiday stands for.
I love candy, especially the little pumpkins that taste like Candy Corn. I hate the undead.
I decided a while ago that this year I would dress up as Billy Mays, you know the OxiClean guy, just because he cracks me up and the thought is that I would ultimately make other people laugh. Besides, it's cheap and I am ALL ABOUT cheap, I mean frugal. I do have one burning question though...Why is he always yelling? Whether is OrangeGlo, Kaboom, Steam Buddies (got that one off of Wikipedia) or OxiClean, the louder you try to sell me on it is not going to make me buy it more. Is his target market hearing impaired people? Just turn the volume down and everyone will be alright.
But wait, there's more.
Since I work in an office (kinda just like Dunder Mifflin in many painful ways) I am obviously not going to dress up as anything remotely outside the boundaries of the dress code. Besides, any excuse to draw a full beard and mustache on is reason enough for me. Well, I am not in the mood this year. There is no one FUN left to party with and again I really do not like what the holiday stands for. So all you pretty ladies out there who want an absolute sure fire way to not get asked out by anyone at any parties you may go to on the 31st, take my advice and be the legend, live the life of...
BILLY MAYS. If you call in the next 7 minutes, we will double your order.
You're welcome.

No comments: