Thursday, October 9, 2008

Blue...

is how I feel.
I still feel like I am floating through each moment. It is really quite weird. I didn't really realize how affected I was by this accident until I found out that the guy who hit me was arrested for DUI.
CRAZY...
I can't study for my test this weekend. I don't want to work out. I am not hungry. I don't want to speak. I just want to 'be'. I just sit here on the edge of thankfulness and tears replaying the scene over and over in my mind. I really just want to get over it, but it's not that easy. This could have played out so differently and not for one moment do I pretend not to know WHO orchestrated the ENTIRE thing. A friend told me this morning that I was 'lucky'.
Not even close.
I made a new version of my 'famous' (at least in my own mind) banana bread, complete with raisins, coconut, and chocolate chips and at least the house smells wonderful. That makes me feel better. Spaghetti with sauteed peppers and onions for dinner...better still. I pray tomorrow brings a new feeling. Thank God I don't rely on those.
It's raining outside and the sun is still up. It's weird because it feels like the middle of the night. There's something comforting in that, as off the wall as it sounds.
I look forward to the sunrise...

No comments: