Sunday, May 11, 2008

Awesome Weekend

This has been a great weekend so far...why, you ask? Well, yesterday, Jennifer, my Dad, and I all went up to Jupiter (the Loxahatchee River) to Riverbend Park and we rented single person kayaks and went up the river. We had lunch before leaving and saw some cool wildlife - a peacock, a gator, an owl, and some jumping fish. It felt like I was on a middle school field trip. Totally awesome (yep, I am bringing the saying back from 1985) time. We always have fun together. As usual, my dad found a way to sabotage any progress I had made up to that point in the trip. Upon launching my kayak down a steep incline back into the water, he dumped me over into the water. He says it wasn't his fault and that I was unbalanced. Jennifer said he pushed me in. The best part was there were people waiting behind us to launch their canoe out...
Then last night, we met Pam and Bob at the Grand Opening of Crown Liquor in Pembroke Pines for a wine tasting event. Note to self...those things are not all they are cracked up to be. I must say though, that the people watching and wine snobbery makes for endless hours of interesting fun. Pam and Bob make it all even more fun. I am thankful for great friends.
Today I sit in the kitchen anticipating the day's coming feasting events. It's Mother's Day so I gotta hook it up for Mom-dukes. Bourbon ham, potatoes and asparagus...and you all know the best part about a dinner with asparagus...right? I digress. So I am going back to downloading more music to my cute little ipod.
Peace out.

1 comment:

Patrick and Megan said...

Yay!!! I love reading this already :)