Monday, May 12, 2008

Noteworthy events??? Questionable

So today was Monday and those aren't usually at the top of my list for favorite days. My body was slow going at 6:15am, but I did make it to the gym, and thankfully no one farted. Life is measured in the small victories.

Then I got to work, and this blog is not specifically about any particular events at the workplace, but I can say that each day becomes what you want it to be...what you choose to make your perspective towards it be. Now, here I sit, watching a guy with only one leg complete the Eliminator on American Gladiator... another perspective shift. Lord, never let me forget how blessed I am each, with each and every breath. I pray the make most of each of them!

One other funny thing to note. I had an appointment this evening near work, so I brought my dinner with me to my Dad's house to eat. It's nice, because he has chosen to go the year without any TV so I am forced to do other things. One of those other things was to trim his eyebrows. This guy has four hairs on his head, but the rate at which the hair on his face grows is amazing. If I could figure out a way to harness that technology...boy oh boy. But the funniest part is this - he starts giving me pointers on how to comb up the hair with the little brush to trim them. I am sorry, but the VERY LAST PERSON I will ever take beauty advice from is my Dad. Tapered jeans, shirts from Griffs Western store, and yes ladies...a black leather fanny pack. There is not one thing I can do about it either. He's totally cool with it. Next time you see him, look for it. It might be under his fishing t-shirt, but it's there....
Gotta love the parents!

Later peeps

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

I love you!
I love your dad!
I love your kitty!
I love this blog!
It has completely sucked me in...