Monday, May 5, 2008

I am running a whole marathon

So I finally decided to bite the bullet and run an ENTIRE marathon. In 2007, I ran the A1A Half Marathon, which was the hardest physical thing I have ever done. I guess that wasn't enough so I thought I would try to completely put myself into running torture and go for the gusto - 26.2 miles.

I really do not enjoy (not like runners do anyway) running for the sake of running, however, I have always wanted to run a marathon. Go figure.
I think of it as my best shot at overcoming a physical demanding challenge that many people will never attempt. I am ever chasing the 'above average' bubble to pencil in for myself. Since I am never going to make it the US Olympic team, this is my best shot at a medal...and bragging rights.

The race is not until February 22, 2009 but I am saying this out loud now. The more people who know about it, the better off I will be. Start praying for me now. My knees will need it. And if you can make to the finish line and drag me over it that would rock too...

I am going to start looking for a really good charity/cause to run for as well. In 2007, it was Broward House (http://www.browardhouse.org/) a worthy cause. I will most likely be asking everyone I know for some money as well...so start saving your pennies.

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

I am thrilled that you started blogging!! So exciting! I will add you to my blog, and of course, help you with any questions. So welcome, your life will never be the same :)

LOVE!