Tuesday, January 13, 2009

1-13-09

This is going to be a totally jumbled mess of thoughts...very much like the way I normally think when I am not writing it down. So I am smack dab back in the real world. I've been to both of my classes once and I am going for straight A's again. I forgot how much time school takes up, namely the time on the weeknights I would have spent watching The Biggest Loser or American Idol. Tuesdays are definitely the worst because I am up before 6:00am, gym, work, and school goes from 4 - 10pm. Yep, 10:00pm on a Tuesday night. The worst part of it is that tomorrow morning I have to be up again at 6:00am for the gym.
Happy Birthday to my little-big girl Tyra. She's 12 years old this month. I was never sure about her exact birth date. I hate clipping the nails on her back paws because I am afraid I will draw blood and I also think she is going deaf, which is hard for me to deal with. She's 12 and I know what the life expectancy for a large dog is and how the decline begins. Very morbid stuff, I know but that's the circle of life. She still thinks she's a puppy and that's all that matters.
I already have one of my New Year's Resolutions crossed off the list, and that actually happened on the 9th. Jen and I are going somewhere we have never been - CHICAGO - for an event we have wanted to go to since I became aware of it's existence - TASTE OF CHICAGO! I got a good deal on NON-stop flights (thank you Spirit) and now I have to find a cheap and luxurious hotel (a little ironic, don't you think?) My traveling life revolves around the places to eat in a city or country so I will be hunting all the cool restaurants and pubs for us to visit. Any suggestions???
Damages (on F/X) came back last week and it is one of the best written and acted shows on television. Totally worth staying up until 11:00pm for...what am I, 79 years old?
Last but not least, is it weird that I want lick my Lean Cuisine container completely clean after finishing the Fettuccine Alfredo? I mean, there's only 280 calories in there and I want every single one of them. Is it even stranger that I want to drink the leftover Ginger dressing from my salad at the sushi restaurant?

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

Ive missed your blog...trying to play catch-up! As far as Chicago goes, that is where the original Intelligenstia coffee shop is, the place where BREW gets its beans. Heard its absolutely amazing. So, you have to check it out! And bring me back a t-shirt. (Im kidding about the t-shirt) LOVE!