Friday, January 23, 2009

Renaissance Woman

I like to think that I live a very cultured life, when in fact, it's pretty mundane with an occasional bit of excitement thrown in for good measure. I love many different kinds of movies, including but not limited to; foreign films, classics, comedies, and thrillers (think anything with Morgan Freeman). I love music, including classical and opera, old school country, jazz and anything that Cadillac Records put out, good old rock and roll and songs about faith that bring to my knees. I love wine and good food (think gourmet on a budget). I love to travel and write and dream and take pictures. All these things make me feel like the modern Renaissance Woman. Now I know that doesn't really make that much sense, but it's how I view myself.
This in no way, shape or form, leads me to my weekend plans.
I have the regular stuff, school, Publix shopping for the upcoming week, and church on Sunday. I also have some fun stuff planned...a party for a friend who just graduated college and.....drum roll please...I am going to see 'The Wrestler'. I have been routing for Mickey Rourke to make a comeback right around the time he started sinking fast while boxing in his South Beach nightclub. This guy used to be the 'bees knees' in the mid-80's, far too long ago for me to appreciate him. I recently saw one of his more popular films and while he wasn't Oscar-worthy in his acting skills, he was easy on the eyes. When I heard he just got nominated for Best Actor Oscar for The Wrestler, I read up on the buzz surrounding the film and I knew I had to see it. Next weekend is 'Slumdog Millionaire'. I want to see them both this weekend, but I think I am going have to let one really soak into me before I see the other one, because I have a gut feeling they both are going to be...THAT GOOD.
I finally saw 'Persepolis' at the suggestion of a friend almost a year ago and it was really good. Google it, because it's too much to get into here. I will be back soon with a movie review and I hope your weekend is as good as mine.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi girl! I found you via Teresa's blog. I love your blog! Check our ours: floridarichmonds.blogspot.com if you're up for a daily dose of my life. :-) Let's make plans please. Love to you and your sister.