Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Silver Lining...I see you

OK, so I am so cool that I drive a stick shift, yet less cool because it's a 4-door Sedan. Over the weekend I noticed it became VERY DIFFICULT to get the car into gear. I didn't really think too much about it until this morning, when I couldn't get the car out of 'reverse' and into '1st' gear when I was leaving for the gym. Crap, just what I need...another $1000 car problem. I knew it couldn't wait any longer so I brought it into the dealership. The guy calls me an hour later and says something like..."blah, blah, blah, master cylinder in the clutch..blah, blah...Slide cylinder and draining all the fluid, small leak, blah, blah...hydraulic system, ready by 3:00pm...$558.25 before taxes". Double crap. This kind of stuff usually happens when I have just come into some money (3rd paycheck in a month, twice a year) and in this case it will be my much anticipated tax return check. Perfect timing!!! I was going to pay off the last of my new bed and another bill to be DEBT FREE! Here's hoping that I can still do that and pay off the car.
Then I get to work to see an e-mail about tonight's Love Bags and how some friends and strangers of mine are going to go around to some of my homeless neighbors in Fort Lauderdale and bring them food, water, sweatshirts, and the love of Christ. PRIORITY CHECK?! All I can think about is how I am not going to have as much money to spend while in Chicago to ultimately blow on high priced food and wine and these people are sleeping on concrete.
Now I can start to see it and it is actually starting to blind me. I got up this morning out of a brand new bed with freshly washed sheets, put on brand new sneakers, drove a car with a half tank of gas that I own outright to a gym to work out while listening to my ipod with brand new songs. Then I got back into the car and went to my Dad's place to take a HOT shower and get ready for work, called my boss from my brand new text-friendly cell phone to say I would be late and then went to the dealership. Then I got ride to my well paying job by my loving father only to open the Love Bags e-mail. It really puts it all into perspective, doesn't it? All this time I am complaining that I have to fix this problem, yet in reality, I am blessed that this is the biggest challenge I am faced with today.
Thank you Lord, for every single thing you have given me...every opportunity, and every blessing. Thank you most for my lunch that you allowed me to purchase ingredients from Publix and cook in my kitchen. Thank you for my ride to school and my CORE quiz at 4pm and my ride home. Thank you for allowing me to see the silver lining well before I fell into the self made hand-crafted pit of woe I almost finished digging. I love you the mostest!

1 comment:

The Cooks said...

WOW. thank you for posting that. and heres to never complaining...

lets get back out there with those love baggers one day...