Monday, January 26, 2009

My Weekend

First off, my Anatomy professor kind of sucks. The guy has a doctorate degree and he pronounces enzyme as EMZYNE and all I can think is "Hey guy, if I have to call you Doctor So-And-So then I expect you to get the little stuff right." He's also exceptionally boring to listen to, and let me tell you, at 8:00am on a Saturday I need a little inflection in my professors voice when he's talking about the joys of Cellular Chemistry.
Publix was predictable, nothing to mention there. I did make some curried chicken (Monday potluck) and stuffed peppers (Greek style) and went to a fun party for Cara's graduation. Even with a splitting headache, I laughed myself silly, almost pissing myself in the process. That is my gauge of how good a time I am having, the amount of urine that could (or does) end up in my pants.

Now, I have skipped a line to tell you about 'The Wrestler'. In a word, heartbreaking. In two words (one that I just made up), heartbreakingly fantastic. Mickey Rourke lived up to the hype and then some. It is a story about how, with a lifetime of choices a man is given, his decisions led him to his current state. The plot is similar to many people's own lives, just substitute 'washed up pro wrestler' with another profession. It was painful, with no Hollywood ending in sight, yet it captured me and never let go. This guy deserves every good review that comes of this movie. There is nudity, violence, and several 'F' bombs and I overlooked all of that to get to the meat and potatoes of the story. In reality, you couldn't have one without the others. If you see this movie, tell me what you think. So far, the only person I can talk to about it is my sister, which is cool...but, she feels the same way I do about the movie and I am always open to other opinions.
Next movie is Slumdog Millionaire...can't wait.

No comments: