Tuesday, January 6, 2009

1-6-09

So many things to say and so little time to type them...
Teddy and Teresa welcomed their BEAUTIFUL baby girl into this world at 3:41am this morning. I am beside myself with glee and I can't wait to meet her! I start school today...again (4:00 - 10:00pm). Time flies and before I know it I will be posting my cheesy graduation picture online. Jen and I are back on the hunt to buy a place of our own. It's time to MOVE OUT and have space to call my own. Besides, the market is working in my favor this year. Next - so a few years ago I read this book, 'He's Just Not That Into You' during what must have been some "omigosh I am single crises". They have made it into a movie with a bunch of actors including Drew Barrymore (personal celebrity look-alike). The funny thing about the book is that it's all true what they say about the reasons behind why men don't call, text, write you back. They are just not that into you...and that pretty much describes my love life to the chapter and verse. I am comfortably situated between 2 extremes most days. To the far left we have all the guys I would love to love who are paying zero attention to me and to the extreme far right we have all guys I wish wouldn't like me trying to pay all their attention to me. The more single women I talk to, the more I realize that it's pretty much the same for them too. What's a girl to do? Wait, I've got it...stop trying so hard!
There are 2 forces at work in my head most days. Force #1) The skinny workout, Marathon training, fit woman who reads Muscle and Fitness-Hers! and Force #2) The 'other woman' who subscribes to Bon Apetit, Food & Wine, and can't wait for the new episodes of Drive Ins, Diners and Dives to be aired on Food Network. Force #1 is winning today. I am glad that the holidays are OVER. No more champagne, cream cheese, baked spinach dip, cookies, or chocolate until Halloween please. I already have my costume picked out...wouldn't you like to know? Last but not least, this is just one of those random observations I have. There is no graceful way to exit a restaurant booth (or cab or limo for that matter) and I have finally come to terms with that.

No comments: